Friday, February 20, 2009

State Superintendents Recognized


Forty-eight State Superintendents of the Year were recognized in this morning's general session. Beverly Hall from Atlanta Public Schools was named the AASA Superintendent of the year.

I believe this celebration is as important as anything we do here at the National Conference. It compliments Donna Brazile's concept on finding the good and praising it. Celebrating success is a research based requirement in promoting lasting change. I was especially proud of my state superintendent of the year, Kevin Mitchell. Kevin works in the same county as I do and it is heart warming to see a colleague share the stage with other esteemed superintendents.

We all dare to dream and I am sure 48 superintendents lived out part of their dreams today. Well done ladies and gentlemen!

1 comment:

Kevin Mitchell said...

Bob,
Thank you for the kind comments. I was humbled to represent Wyoming.
Kevin