Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Getting Started


A quick pre-conference post as we've arrived in Tampa to "cool" weather, according to a local I overheard talking on our way in. It is indeed a bit cool this evening, but reminds me of when I took a spring break trip in college. Record cold in Florida that year had the beaches emptied, but my roommate and I were running around in shorts and t-shirts enjoying the "warm" weather.

I would echo what Terry had to say about the lineup, weather, and networking. I look forward to all three after having a great experience at my first AASA national conference last year. The Wyoming Association of School Administrators provides a scholarship to attend each year, and I was fortunate to receive one last year in my first year as superintendent. The networking and information gathered from presenters was extremely valuable to me and I find myself looking forward to more this year. A simple question can spark a conversation that provides a multitude of ideas and possible solutions to problems.
I hope everyone in Tampa has a wonderful experience and those that couldn't attend find great information on the website.

No comments: